Dia Malo y Dia Bueno

Thank God tomorrow is my last day of Spanish School! I'm so fed up with it. I know I've got another week in Honduras, but I'm just hoping I'll have someone who can speak more English.

Today was pretty rubbish for the most part, but got better by the late afternoon.

I wanted to go to the market today but I spent ages and ages doing Spanish after lunch, so I didn't have very long. I bought a really nice bag tho (cuz I need more bags!) and some souvenirs, so it wasn't a total waste of an afternoon.

I met the other volunteers at the coffee shop at 5pm. It was so nice to hang out and chat! I've been so lonely. This isn't really a place to be by yourself. Plenty of places to go and plenty of things to see, but not much fun alone! Me, Sally, Keegan and Veronica booked a bike ride for Saturday. I'm not entirely sure where we're going - along the lower slopes of the volcanoes and to a macademia nut farm I think!

I went home for supper and did more Spanish, then went to Riki's Bar to do a pub quiz (in Spanish) with the other volunteers. There were 11 of us altogether and we weren't allowed to all be on one team. My team came 5th (second to last) and we won a litre of beer, and the other volunteers came 2nd and won a bottle of vodka! We got 13 out of 45 which wasn't bad since we didn't understand half of the questions! And those we did understand we just didn't know the answer to, like which country has the highest ratio of police to the population? (It's Argentina in case you're interested). I went to a bar called Reds and a 'club' called La Casbah (think Juliets) with British Robyn, Canadian Robin and Libby. We met some guys called Michael and Tyler who are out here shooting a documentary for uni. Michael very kindly walked us all home at 1am, even tho I live on the other side of town to the rest of them!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Thursday, 13 October 2005

Dia Malo y Dia Bueno

Thank God tomorrow is my last day of Spanish School! I'm so fed up with it. I know I've got another week in Honduras, but I'm just hoping I'll have someone who can speak more English.

Today was pretty rubbish for the most part, but got better by the late afternoon.

I wanted to go to the market today but I spent ages and ages doing Spanish after lunch, so I didn't have very long. I bought a really nice bag tho (cuz I need more bags!) and some souvenirs, so it wasn't a total waste of an afternoon.

I met the other volunteers at the coffee shop at 5pm. It was so nice to hang out and chat! I've been so lonely. This isn't really a place to be by yourself. Plenty of places to go and plenty of things to see, but not much fun alone! Me, Sally, Keegan and Veronica booked a bike ride for Saturday. I'm not entirely sure where we're going - along the lower slopes of the volcanoes and to a macademia nut farm I think!

I went home for supper and did more Spanish, then went to Riki's Bar to do a pub quiz (in Spanish) with the other volunteers. There were 11 of us altogether and we weren't allowed to all be on one team. My team came 5th (second to last) and we won a litre of beer, and the other volunteers came 2nd and won a bottle of vodka! We got 13 out of 45 which wasn't bad since we didn't understand half of the questions! And those we did understand we just didn't know the answer to, like which country has the highest ratio of police to the population? (It's Argentina in case you're interested). I went to a bar called Reds and a 'club' called La Casbah (think Juliets) with British Robyn, Canadian Robin and Libby. We met some guys called Michael and Tyler who are out here shooting a documentary for uni. Michael very kindly walked us all home at 1am, even tho I live on the other side of town to the rest of them!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yahoo! Blogs as a Part of it's News Search
Following last week's predictions of Yahoo adding blog search service, it did add this week blog results but with a twist.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

12:52 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home