Punctura

It’s raining, it’s pouring, and we get a puncture on our way up to work. Luckily, it’s incredibly easy to change the tyre on a tuk-tuk, so we were only delayed by about 10 minutes. Work wasn’t too bad cuz the rain let up a bit. Oscar came over to tell us we didn’t have to come to work on Tuesday or Wednesday cuz it was a fiesta for them so they wouldn’t be working.

Attempted to practice Spanish in the afternoon. All afternoon. Yey!

Watched Sleepy Hollow – Halloween special on the movie channels. Gave Carrie a miss though. Finished A Time to Kill before bed.



Stuff I miss (in no particular order):
Stuff I Love about here:

Labels: , , , , ,

Monday, 31 October 2005

Punctura

It’s raining, it’s pouring, and we get a puncture on our way up to work. Luckily, it’s incredibly easy to change the tyre on a tuk-tuk, so we were only delayed by about 10 minutes. Work wasn’t too bad cuz the rain let up a bit. Oscar came over to tell us we didn’t have to come to work on Tuesday or Wednesday cuz it was a fiesta for them so they wouldn’t be working.

Attempted to practice Spanish in the afternoon. All afternoon. Yey!

Watched Sleepy Hollow – Halloween special on the movie channels. Gave Carrie a miss though. Finished A Time to Kill before bed.



Stuff I miss (in no particular order):
  • Hair straighteners - the curls are getting tired. I long for a sleek outline!
  • My vast wardrobe - wearing the same clothes day-in day-out. Oh wait, I do that every day at home for work!
  • Being able to walk down the street without having every male conversation stop while they all stare. Don't get me wrong, if I thought they did it cuz I was something special, I'd be flattered, but they do it to every single girl
  • Being around people I know - I've made friends here, but I can't be myself around them. People who've known me for years still think I'm strange: how would these people feel?!
  • Having more to do - way too much free time on my hands here!
  • Staying in bed until 10am - I'm the last one to have breakfast in my house at 6:30am. Kids are walking to school at 6:45am while I wait for the taxi up to Sesesmil.
  • The Dogs - it's just not the same without two white balls of fluff jumping all over me to wake me up in the mornings
  • My computer and a fast, decent internet connection
Stuff I Love about here:
  • How beautiful and lush the countryside is
  • People seem happy with what they've got. I'm sure they'd like more money and easier lives, but they still seem happy without
  • English TV channels - I'd be very lonely without them!
  • Being able to walk from one side of town to the other in 5 minutes. It took 10 minutes to cross Leeds campus!
  • The pickup rides. Haven't been in a really packed one yet which is a bummer, but they're good fun. And a lot more dangerous than I let myself worry about
  • The kids in Sesesmil being fascinated by us. A little boy walked past the other day, and his face lit up when I smiled at him. There were about eight kids watching us in another house, and they were made up when we waved at them from the pickup as we went home. Don't worry, this doesn't mean I'm going soft!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eddie and Jack reckon you won't be seeing that for much more than a day once you've got home! They miss you too

1:30 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home