Slow Day

Woke up this morning to find some bug has basically walked along my leg and bitten me seven times. Four of them are in a straight line.

Spent two and a half hours updating my weblog and then went to Café Welchez and read and listened to my MP3 player.

Went to Tunkul’s with Robin for a couple and met Jimmy and his Nicaraguan friend whose name I can’t remember. He said he loves the way I talk! Ramon apologized for being very drunk on Friday night – think he was quite embarrassed! Everyone was getting at us for going home early and not going dancing. On our walk back through the square, there was a group of guys playing instruments to nobody. Just stood there playing at 11pm. Only in Copan!

Slow day so I'll take this opportunity to tell you about tuk-tuks. A tuk-tuk is a taxi which is basically a scooter on stabilisers, with a cage, seats and a canvas roof. There were tuk-tuks in Antigua too, but I think they're more obvious here cuz Copan is so small. They go about 15mph, and are one of the best ways to get around. They're really cheap, but they charge per person so the drivers try to get as many people in as possible. You can get about five people in plus the driver. Maybe up to eight if there are kids. But then, these people can get four passengers on a scooter.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Saturday, 22 October 2005

Slow Day

Woke up this morning to find some bug has basically walked along my leg and bitten me seven times. Four of them are in a straight line.

Spent two and a half hours updating my weblog and then went to Café Welchez and read and listened to my MP3 player.

Went to Tunkul’s with Robin for a couple and met Jimmy and his Nicaraguan friend whose name I can’t remember. He said he loves the way I talk! Ramon apologized for being very drunk on Friday night – think he was quite embarrassed! Everyone was getting at us for going home early and not going dancing. On our walk back through the square, there was a group of guys playing instruments to nobody. Just stood there playing at 11pm. Only in Copan!

Slow day so I'll take this opportunity to tell you about tuk-tuks. A tuk-tuk is a taxi which is basically a scooter on stabilisers, with a cage, seats and a canvas roof. There were tuk-tuks in Antigua too, but I think they're more obvious here cuz Copan is so small. They go about 15mph, and are one of the best ways to get around. They're really cheap, but they charge per person so the drivers try to get as many people in as possible. You can get about five people in plus the driver. Maybe up to eight if there are kids. But then, these people can get four passengers on a scooter.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think we definitely need a photo of you in a tut-tut.

6:15 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home