The Accidental Hike

Keith and Nicki were both off travelling today and Lauren was getting ready to leave so it was up to me whether I went to work or not. I battled with my conscience for quite some time, and eventually decided to 'do the right thing'.

It started raining on the way up to Sesesmil and within about ten minutes of being up there, the heavens opened good style. I spent the next hour and a half attempting to dig a trench that was flooded and sulking about being there in such bad weather. I was wearing my raincoat over my shorts and t-shirt, but still managed to get soaked right through. The Chillis song 'I Like Dirt' came on my Zen. As much as it pains me to do so, I had to disagree with Anthony.

So at 9:30am, I'd finished our work from Thursday and decided to call it a day. I started walking since there were no pickups on their way, and didn't see any pickups that I could've got a ride in until I was almost back in Copan. Took me 2 hours and 15 minutes. Good thing it stops raining once you leave Sesesmil Dos.

Spent the afternoon resting my feet, watching The Negotiator. Then checked emails and went to Cafe Welchez to hang out for a while.

Labels: , , , , ,

Friday, 11 November 2005

The Accidental Hike

Keith and Nicki were both off travelling today and Lauren was getting ready to leave so it was up to me whether I went to work or not. I battled with my conscience for quite some time, and eventually decided to 'do the right thing'.

It started raining on the way up to Sesesmil and within about ten minutes of being up there, the heavens opened good style. I spent the next hour and a half attempting to dig a trench that was flooded and sulking about being there in such bad weather. I was wearing my raincoat over my shorts and t-shirt, but still managed to get soaked right through. The Chillis song 'I Like Dirt' came on my Zen. As much as it pains me to do so, I had to disagree with Anthony.

So at 9:30am, I'd finished our work from Thursday and decided to call it a day. I started walking since there were no pickups on their way, and didn't see any pickups that I could've got a ride in until I was almost back in Copan. Took me 2 hours and 15 minutes. Good thing it stops raining once you leave Sesesmil Dos.

Spent the afternoon resting my feet, watching The Negotiator. Then checked emails and went to Cafe Welchez to hang out for a while.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home