Back to Antigua

Woke up way too early. My shuttle isn't til 12noon, I've got very little to do, and I'm awake by 7am. Bought a newspaper and saw the photos of the bridges - one third of a 250 metre bridge missing between El Progreso and Tela, and another between Tela and La Ceiba. The great thing about this part of the world is there's only one road to get somewhere, so if that's out of action, you're stuck. So I did some shopping, and then went for breakfast in Cafe Welchez - pancakes...mmm.

There was an advert for hair straighteners on the TV in there, with all these women going "wow, my hair is so straight" and running their fingers through their hair...I'm so jealous! Also, decided I'm either going to get my hair cut like Catherine Zeta Jones in Ocean's Twelve, or grow it long but keep lots of layers. Any thoughts?

I said goodbye to Kike for the third time as I got onto the shuttle. Sat next to possibly the best looking guy in the world. Six pretty uninteresting hours to Antigua. My ears only popped once, compared to the many times on the way to Copan. You have to pass through the outskirts of Guatemala City to get to Antigua. There are some amazing sights of all these shanty towns built onto the sides of the mountains. I'll try to get some photos when I head back to the airport. We arrived in Antigua at dusk, and it was quite clear so there were great views of the volcanoes, with just a few clouds around them.

Kike told me I had a room at Hotel San Jorge (the plush one I stayed at in the beginning), so I went there, and they told me someone else would be joining me tomorrow night. Rather confused. To cut a long story short, they thought I was someone else who was booked in with Old Town Outfitters tour company so put me in her room. As it turned out, I never had a reservation, so I don't know what happened there!

Went to Doreen's house expecting there to be a BBQ, but they had it last night for Sally and Robyn's last day. Chatted to her and went to see Brian, then went to Monoloco to look for everyone else, but couldn't see them. Went back to the hotel and ended up falling asleep in front of Shrek dubbed in Spanish.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Friday, 18 November 2005

Back to Antigua

Woke up way too early. My shuttle isn't til 12noon, I've got very little to do, and I'm awake by 7am. Bought a newspaper and saw the photos of the bridges - one third of a 250 metre bridge missing between El Progreso and Tela, and another between Tela and La Ceiba. The great thing about this part of the world is there's only one road to get somewhere, so if that's out of action, you're stuck. So I did some shopping, and then went for breakfast in Cafe Welchez - pancakes...mmm.

There was an advert for hair straighteners on the TV in there, with all these women going "wow, my hair is so straight" and running their fingers through their hair...I'm so jealous! Also, decided I'm either going to get my hair cut like Catherine Zeta Jones in Ocean's Twelve, or grow it long but keep lots of layers. Any thoughts?

I said goodbye to Kike for the third time as I got onto the shuttle. Sat next to possibly the best looking guy in the world. Six pretty uninteresting hours to Antigua. My ears only popped once, compared to the many times on the way to Copan. You have to pass through the outskirts of Guatemala City to get to Antigua. There are some amazing sights of all these shanty towns built onto the sides of the mountains. I'll try to get some photos when I head back to the airport. We arrived in Antigua at dusk, and it was quite clear so there were great views of the volcanoes, with just a few clouds around them.

Kike told me I had a room at Hotel San Jorge (the plush one I stayed at in the beginning), so I went there, and they told me someone else would be joining me tomorrow night. Rather confused. To cut a long story short, they thought I was someone else who was booked in with Old Town Outfitters tour company so put me in her room. As it turned out, I never had a reservation, so I don't know what happened there!

Went to Doreen's house expecting there to be a BBQ, but they had it last night for Sally and Robyn's last day. Chatted to her and went to see Brian, then went to Monoloco to look for everyone else, but couldn't see them. Went back to the hotel and ended up falling asleep in front of Shrek dubbed in Spanish.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home