How To Spend 5000 Quetzales in One Day

(That's about 400 pounds)

After my fabulous breakfast at San Jorge (no, they didn't kick me out on the street) I went to Old Town Outfitters, and joined a 2-day trip to Monterrico on the Pacific Coast, and a 3-day trip to Lake Atitlan. I then went around the corner and booked a 2-day trip to Tikal. So I haven't got much time left to fill up now. Gutted that I won't get to La Ceiba and Roatan, but wouldn't really want to be there while there's a tropical storm/hurricane.

Doreen and Mirna helped me find a new, cheaper hotel, so I'm now in Posada Don Valentino. It's basic, but good enough for me. I've got my own bathroom with hot water, and it's only 3 blocks from Parque Central. I went to Bagel Barn for lunch and then to Sin Ventura (the coffee shop). I checked out what films were showing where over the weekend, then sent a few emails.

I had a look at what else I could do while I'm in Antigua. Might go on a Coffee Finca tour, climb Pacaya volcano, and either going on a Cultural tour, or at least have a proper look around by myself.

I went back to Bagel Barn at 4:30pm to watch Matrix Reloaded, but the power for the whole street went out at 6pm, so I went back to the hotel, and then the power came back on. Went back at 7:30pm for some supper and to watch The Incredibles.

I'm much more comfortable in Antigua this time around. Probably a combination of knowing the language a bit better, and already having a vague idea of where to find everything here. And spending so much time in Copan by myself that I don't feel so self-conscious about it now.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Saturday, 19 November 2005

How To Spend 5000 Quetzales in One Day

(That's about 400 pounds)

After my fabulous breakfast at San Jorge (no, they didn't kick me out on the street) I went to Old Town Outfitters, and joined a 2-day trip to Monterrico on the Pacific Coast, and a 3-day trip to Lake Atitlan. I then went around the corner and booked a 2-day trip to Tikal. So I haven't got much time left to fill up now. Gutted that I won't get to La Ceiba and Roatan, but wouldn't really want to be there while there's a tropical storm/hurricane.

Doreen and Mirna helped me find a new, cheaper hotel, so I'm now in Posada Don Valentino. It's basic, but good enough for me. I've got my own bathroom with hot water, and it's only 3 blocks from Parque Central. I went to Bagel Barn for lunch and then to Sin Ventura (the coffee shop). I checked out what films were showing where over the weekend, then sent a few emails.

I had a look at what else I could do while I'm in Antigua. Might go on a Coffee Finca tour, climb Pacaya volcano, and either going on a Cultural tour, or at least have a proper look around by myself.

I went back to Bagel Barn at 4:30pm to watch Matrix Reloaded, but the power for the whole street went out at 6pm, so I went back to the hotel, and then the power came back on. Went back at 7:30pm for some supper and to watch The Incredibles.

I'm much more comfortable in Antigua this time around. Probably a combination of knowing the language a bit better, and already having a vague idea of where to find everything here. And spending so much time in Copan by myself that I don't feel so self-conscious about it now.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home