Turtles in Monterrico

I was awake and sat on the beach by 7.30am. Since it was my first visit to the Pacific and I was only there a few hours, I figured I should make the most of it. Took another dip in the ocean, but the undercurrent was quite strong and made me nervous. So I watched the birds flying close to the waves and catching fish instead. And then went for a dip in the pool.

We all had pancakes for breakfast, and sat watching the fishermen in their little boats, dropping their nets into the ocean. At 9.30am we left the hotel, and visited a conservation park for turtles, crocodiles and iguanas. They breed and incubate turtles there, and then release them into the wild. So we lots of tiny baby turtles and lots of caimans (small crocs).

Then we kayaked back to La Avellana. I was much better today - didn't get stuck on anything! We got back to Antigua around 2pm, and after checking stuff for my lake trip on Sunday and checking back into the hotel, I went for a late lunch and then went to the cinema and watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Didn't do much for the next few hours, then went to Teatro Cafe just across the road for supper.

Labels:

Thursday, 24 November 2005

Turtles in Monterrico

I was awake and sat on the beach by 7.30am. Since it was my first visit to the Pacific and I was only there a few hours, I figured I should make the most of it. Took another dip in the ocean, but the undercurrent was quite strong and made me nervous. So I watched the birds flying close to the waves and catching fish instead. And then went for a dip in the pool.

We all had pancakes for breakfast, and sat watching the fishermen in their little boats, dropping their nets into the ocean. At 9.30am we left the hotel, and visited a conservation park for turtles, crocodiles and iguanas. They breed and incubate turtles there, and then release them into the wild. So we lots of tiny baby turtles and lots of caimans (small crocs).

Then we kayaked back to La Avellana. I was much better today - didn't get stuck on anything! We got back to Antigua around 2pm, and after checking stuff for my lake trip on Sunday and checking back into the hotel, I went for a late lunch and then went to the cinema and watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Didn't do much for the next few hours, then went to Teatro Cafe just across the road for supper.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home