Chilling in Cairns


Finally, I chance for a lie in! Didn't wake up until 9am! Cairns is apparently not that interesting in itself, so I wasn't in any hurry to get out and about. Sod's law that it's good weather today! So I did my laundry, and had breakfast at the cafe out front while I waited for it. Hung it on the line, had a shower and got ready to go out for the day. I'm wearing my hair curly today.

My clothes weren't dry by the time I wanted to go so I had to leave them out. I got a milkshake in the New Zealand ice cream place and sat in the park near the lagoon. The sun is out, it's hot, and people are making the most of it.

I went shopping and bought a couple of long sleeve tops (because it'll be cold in NZ), some cropped trousers and a pair of very cheap trainers. My feet are size 8 in Oz. That's just wrong.

After shopping I went on the internet, updating my blog and photos. Then I realised I'd been there three hours and thought best to leave! I went to a cafe for a sandwich and smoothie, then to the art gallery. The first I've had to pay to get into. Not really worth it, although there was some interesting stuff in there. Then I went to the Peter Lik gallery. Its free. I browsed through the display copies of his Australia and North America photo books. It would be nice to be as good a photographer as he is!

I went for a coffee, then back to the hostel and straightened my hair. The curls were getting a bit big. Then I went back out around 8pm. Bought two rings and a mobile phone charm from the night market, then went to Coffee Club and got a hot chocolate and baked cheesecake. Not as good as my cheesecake.

Labels: , , ,

Thursday, 22 February 2007

Chilling in Cairns


Finally, I chance for a lie in! Didn't wake up until 9am! Cairns is apparently not that interesting in itself, so I wasn't in any hurry to get out and about. Sod's law that it's good weather today! So I did my laundry, and had breakfast at the cafe out front while I waited for it. Hung it on the line, had a shower and got ready to go out for the day. I'm wearing my hair curly today.

My clothes weren't dry by the time I wanted to go so I had to leave them out. I got a milkshake in the New Zealand ice cream place and sat in the park near the lagoon. The sun is out, it's hot, and people are making the most of it.

I went shopping and bought a couple of long sleeve tops (because it'll be cold in NZ), some cropped trousers and a pair of very cheap trainers. My feet are size 8 in Oz. That's just wrong.

After shopping I went on the internet, updating my blog and photos. Then I realised I'd been there three hours and thought best to leave! I went to a cafe for a sandwich and smoothie, then to the art gallery. The first I've had to pay to get into. Not really worth it, although there was some interesting stuff in there. Then I went to the Peter Lik gallery. Its free. I browsed through the display copies of his Australia and North America photo books. It would be nice to be as good a photographer as he is!

I went for a coffee, then back to the hostel and straightened my hair. The curls were getting a bit big. Then I went back out around 8pm. Bought two rings and a mobile phone charm from the night market, then went to Coffee Club and got a hot chocolate and baked cheesecake. Not as good as my cheesecake.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home