High Five! Woo-Hoo! Sleep When You're Fucking Dead!


Magic Bus arrived to pick me up in Hokitika at 8.30am - I've now got Bevan, the guy on the back of the brochure. We passed through Ross, gold-mining "hub" of NZ: it's a town of about 500. Then on to Franz Josef by 1pm. I'd put my name down for a scenic flight, but the weather got gradually worse, and by the time we reached Franz they weren't running any flights.

We checked into Chateau Franz (not nearly as posh as it sounds!), and hung out there watching Snatch for a while. It started pissing it down, so I spent a lot of the afternoon in the red internet bus. I headed back to the Chateau, read and then had some supper. Dave spotted me on the veranda and invited me out for drinks later because it's his birthday.

We went over to the Blue Ice Bar around 9pm, and Anna, Steph, Annika and Cecilia were there too. We had a really great night. There was a very drunk Irish girl (woman, really) who came over to chat to us. She spawned the toast of the night: "High five! Woo-hoo! Sleep when you're fucking dead!". We must've repeated that about fifty times in the next five hours! We had to have a spare glass to chink with because she kept managing to spill our drinks all over the table. One of the locals bought us all shots, and we invited everyone else in the bar into our group, so everyone was crowded around our little table. There were also steel pillars in the middle of the room which the drunk Irish girl had been poledancing around earlier, so we got everyone up dancing and trying to climb the pole. I was the only girl who climbed it - only got about half way up though!

Eventually, me, Steph, Annika and Cecilia decided it was time to leave. I thought it was around 2am, but Cecilia reckons it was closer to 3am. Anyway, we ran back (just for fun!), and swapped email addresses at the hostel. Steph showed me that she'd written about me in her diary, although she did call me "Fern". Called me 'bubbly' too!

Labels: , ,

Monday, 14 May 2007

High Five! Woo-Hoo! Sleep When You're Fucking Dead!


Magic Bus arrived to pick me up in Hokitika at 8.30am - I've now got Bevan, the guy on the back of the brochure. We passed through Ross, gold-mining "hub" of NZ: it's a town of about 500. Then on to Franz Josef by 1pm. I'd put my name down for a scenic flight, but the weather got gradually worse, and by the time we reached Franz they weren't running any flights.

We checked into Chateau Franz (not nearly as posh as it sounds!), and hung out there watching Snatch for a while. It started pissing it down, so I spent a lot of the afternoon in the red internet bus. I headed back to the Chateau, read and then had some supper. Dave spotted me on the veranda and invited me out for drinks later because it's his birthday.

We went over to the Blue Ice Bar around 9pm, and Anna, Steph, Annika and Cecilia were there too. We had a really great night. There was a very drunk Irish girl (woman, really) who came over to chat to us. She spawned the toast of the night: "High five! Woo-hoo! Sleep when you're fucking dead!". We must've repeated that about fifty times in the next five hours! We had to have a spare glass to chink with because she kept managing to spill our drinks all over the table. One of the locals bought us all shots, and we invited everyone else in the bar into our group, so everyone was crowded around our little table. There were also steel pillars in the middle of the room which the drunk Irish girl had been poledancing around earlier, so we got everyone up dancing and trying to climb the pole. I was the only girl who climbed it - only got about half way up though!

Eventually, me, Steph, Annika and Cecilia decided it was time to leave. I thought it was around 2am, but Cecilia reckons it was closer to 3am. Anyway, we ran back (just for fun!), and swapped email addresses at the hostel. Steph showed me that she'd written about me in her diary, although she did call me "Fern". Called me 'bubbly' too!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home