Queenstown Walks


God I hate having a cold. It's starting to get my throat now too.

Went back to Vudu for breakfast, but I had the pancakes today. Also yummy. I'll miss out tomorrow because I'm going to Milford Sound early, but I'll be back there on Wednesday!

I wasn't too impressed with their chai latte, so after a quick wander around the shopping area, I got another chai latte in Starbucks and walked over to Queenstown Gardens, which is on an 'arm' jutting out into the lake just south of the town centre.

I walked around the lakeside trail, which had good views across the lake, and then into the central part of the gardens, where there was a duck pond with a little bridge over it, and benches dotted around.

I walked back into town, looked around the bookshop (at diet books: too many muffins and treats, and too much food in general!), went on the internet for an hour, and then headed back to the hostel. I changed into my boots and decided to do the walk up Queenstown hill, which requires 'moderate' fitness.

The worst part is getting from town to the start of the walking track. It's like Bull Lane and Castle Hill, but a lot longer and probably steeper too. The whole walk, from the hostel and back, only took two and half hours though, so I can't complain too much. And the views were really amazing - The Remarkables, Coronet Peak, Aspiring, Lake Wakatipu, and Ben Lomond. Strong wind though - got blown off the rock I was stood on a couple of times!

Labels: , ,

Monday, 21 May 2007

Queenstown Walks


God I hate having a cold. It's starting to get my throat now too.

Went back to Vudu for breakfast, but I had the pancakes today. Also yummy. I'll miss out tomorrow because I'm going to Milford Sound early, but I'll be back there on Wednesday!

I wasn't too impressed with their chai latte, so after a quick wander around the shopping area, I got another chai latte in Starbucks and walked over to Queenstown Gardens, which is on an 'arm' jutting out into the lake just south of the town centre.

I walked around the lakeside trail, which had good views across the lake, and then into the central part of the gardens, where there was a duck pond with a little bridge over it, and benches dotted around.

I walked back into town, looked around the bookshop (at diet books: too many muffins and treats, and too much food in general!), went on the internet for an hour, and then headed back to the hostel. I changed into my boots and decided to do the walk up Queenstown hill, which requires 'moderate' fitness.

The worst part is getting from town to the start of the walking track. It's like Bull Lane and Castle Hill, but a lot longer and probably steeper too. The whole walk, from the hostel and back, only took two and half hours though, so I can't complain too much. And the views were really amazing - The Remarkables, Coronet Peak, Aspiring, Lake Wakatipu, and Ben Lomond. Strong wind though - got blown off the rock I was stood on a couple of times!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a cold and bad throat too if it's any consolation - courtesy of Marcus! He has been told...
Mum

2:23 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home