Portland Day 3


I went to Trader Joe's (good quality supermarket) this morning because I decided to spend today having a picnic in Washington Park. I bought strawberries, yoghurt, humous, crackers, and juice. I then stopped at Starbucks en route and got an Iced White Chocolate Mocha, which is now my new favourite drink.

I found a shady spot where I sat and read and chilled out for a couple of hours. It was quite pleasant except for the train to the zoo which arrived noisily every half hour.

I walked around the rose garden and took lots of photos, and tried to get a photo of Mt Hood, but you can't see it too clearly. I found another shady spot and sat reading for a little longer.

I don't know when I got back to the hostel, but I went out again to Backspace (internet cafe) around 5pm. I spent ages there, and had a couple of coffees and some cake. It's a great little place: they have tables with chessboards built in, a stage for live music, a gallery, internet points, and other tables dotted around. Later on, people came in playing cards too.

I don't know what happened today. I have been having a crap few days, but that improved earlier today. Then it all went to shit, and I'm not sure why. I think a lot of it has to do with being stressed about not being able to organise New England. But I'm also feeling lonely and ignored by my friends. And I hate that I feel this way here, because I really like Portland: it has a really great vibe.

Labels: , , , , ,

Thursday, 30 August 2007

Portland Day 3


I went to Trader Joe's (good quality supermarket) this morning because I decided to spend today having a picnic in Washington Park. I bought strawberries, yoghurt, humous, crackers, and juice. I then stopped at Starbucks en route and got an Iced White Chocolate Mocha, which is now my new favourite drink.

I found a shady spot where I sat and read and chilled out for a couple of hours. It was quite pleasant except for the train to the zoo which arrived noisily every half hour.

I walked around the rose garden and took lots of photos, and tried to get a photo of Mt Hood, but you can't see it too clearly. I found another shady spot and sat reading for a little longer.

I don't know when I got back to the hostel, but I went out again to Backspace (internet cafe) around 5pm. I spent ages there, and had a couple of coffees and some cake. It's a great little place: they have tables with chessboards built in, a stage for live music, a gallery, internet points, and other tables dotted around. Later on, people came in playing cards too.

I don't know what happened today. I have been having a crap few days, but that improved earlier today. Then it all went to shit, and I'm not sure why. I think a lot of it has to do with being stressed about not being able to organise New England. But I'm also feeling lonely and ignored by my friends. And I hate that I feel this way here, because I really like Portland: it has a really great vibe.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home