Santa Monica


Had breakfast and went on the internet trying to arrange the next part of my trip. I had to phone the hostel in Monterey, and managed to get the last bed for Sunday and Monday nights.

Headed down to the beach around 10am. It's a very wide beach: it took at least five minutes to get near the ocean! I stayed there until around noon, then walked along the beach to Venice. Once there I walked along the Ocean Front walk, which is lined with stalls selling artwork, jewellry, henna tattoos, clothes, and allsorts. There were also a few psychics and tarot card readers, a few street performers, and the Venice Freak Show, which was something to with animals and they had a snake at the door, so I stayed away!

There were a few interesting things there, but I wasn't looking to buy. It probably was the first and will be the only time I see a guy sat on the bonnet of a yellow Porsche with a snake around his shoulders though.

Anyway...Then I wandered back to Santa Monica, did a bit of shopping, and bought some food. There were lots of street performers along Third Street Promenade too, mostly singers. I went back to the hostel, read, went on the internet, ate, showered, packed. And then went to bed.

Labels: , , , , ,

Saturday, 18 August 2007

Santa Monica


Had breakfast and went on the internet trying to arrange the next part of my trip. I had to phone the hostel in Monterey, and managed to get the last bed for Sunday and Monday nights.

Headed down to the beach around 10am. It's a very wide beach: it took at least five minutes to get near the ocean! I stayed there until around noon, then walked along the beach to Venice. Once there I walked along the Ocean Front walk, which is lined with stalls selling artwork, jewellry, henna tattoos, clothes, and allsorts. There were also a few psychics and tarot card readers, a few street performers, and the Venice Freak Show, which was something to with animals and they had a snake at the door, so I stayed away!

There were a few interesting things there, but I wasn't looking to buy. It probably was the first and will be the only time I see a guy sat on the bonnet of a yellow Porsche with a snake around his shoulders though.

Anyway...Then I wandered back to Santa Monica, did a bit of shopping, and bought some food. There were lots of street performers along Third Street Promenade too, mostly singers. I went back to the hostel, read, went on the internet, ate, showered, packed. And then went to bed.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home