Boston to Martha's Vineyard


I left the Boston hostel around 8am this morning, and managed to get on the 8.45am bus to Woods Hole. Fairly uneventful journey, but you feel like you're really in New England on the drive: all the houses are just like you see in holiday brochures, and there is lots of greenery.

The ferry to Martha's Vineyard left Woods Hole almost as soon as I arrived, and took 45 minutes to get to Vineyard Haven. I had to hang around a little, waiting for the right bus, but that dropped me off right outside the hostel. It's a very nice hostel: purpose built back in the 1950s, and with a big garden. But it is in the middle of nowhere: the nearest 'town' is West Tisbury, which is a 10-15 minute walk, and there is very little there. It takes at least half an hour to get to any of the three big towns on the island.

Anyway...I checked in, went on the internet for a while, then walked over to West Tisbury, where I had some lunch and bought some groceries. When I got back to the hostel, I sat out on one of the sun loungers reading, and fell asleep for at least an hour!

Labels: , , , , ,

Wednesday, 12 September 2007

Boston to Martha's Vineyard


I left the Boston hostel around 8am this morning, and managed to get on the 8.45am bus to Woods Hole. Fairly uneventful journey, but you feel like you're really in New England on the drive: all the houses are just like you see in holiday brochures, and there is lots of greenery.

The ferry to Martha's Vineyard left Woods Hole almost as soon as I arrived, and took 45 minutes to get to Vineyard Haven. I had to hang around a little, waiting for the right bus, but that dropped me off right outside the hostel. It's a very nice hostel: purpose built back in the 1950s, and with a big garden. But it is in the middle of nowhere: the nearest 'town' is West Tisbury, which is a 10-15 minute walk, and there is very little there. It takes at least half an hour to get to any of the three big towns on the island.

Anyway...I checked in, went on the internet for a while, then walked over to West Tisbury, where I had some lunch and bought some groceries. When I got back to the hostel, I sat out on one of the sun loungers reading, and fell asleep for at least an hour!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home