Martha's Vineyard to Newport


There is a snoring guy in our dorm. I think he managed to wake everyone up. So I got out of bed earlier than planned and straightened my hair. I left the hostel around 7.30am, and caught the bus to Vineyard Haven, in plenty of time to get the 9.30am ferry back to Woods Hole.

I didn't think I'd get out of Woods Hole until around midday, but one of the Peter Pan bus drivers got me onto his bus, and told me to get the bus to Providence, then get the RIPTA local bus to Newport. I reached the Providence terminal by 12.30pm, and had to wait until 1pm for a connection to Providence Kennedy Plaza. There was a direct bus to Newport at 1.45pm, but I decided to trust them.

I got to Kennedy Plaza and found my stop, but had to wait until 2pm (currently 1.20pm) for the next bus, and it takes about an hour to get to Newport. By the time I reached Newport, there was a Peter Pan bus there...

I then had to walk about 20 blocks to the guesthouse, and just caught Merrilee, the owner, as she was heading out. After checking in I went for a wander into town. It is the last day of the boat show, so it's quite busy. I got a coffee and ice cream in an Italian cafe, walked around a bit more, then got a hot chocolate and muffin at Coffee Grinder on Bannister Wharf.

I headed back to the guesthouse and met the other guests, and also met Paul who is looking after the place for a week while Merrilee goes away, and was also in the hostel on Martha's Vineyard.

Labels: , , , ,

Sunday, 16 September 2007

Martha's Vineyard to Newport


There is a snoring guy in our dorm. I think he managed to wake everyone up. So I got out of bed earlier than planned and straightened my hair. I left the hostel around 7.30am, and caught the bus to Vineyard Haven, in plenty of time to get the 9.30am ferry back to Woods Hole.

I didn't think I'd get out of Woods Hole until around midday, but one of the Peter Pan bus drivers got me onto his bus, and told me to get the bus to Providence, then get the RIPTA local bus to Newport. I reached the Providence terminal by 12.30pm, and had to wait until 1pm for a connection to Providence Kennedy Plaza. There was a direct bus to Newport at 1.45pm, but I decided to trust them.

I got to Kennedy Plaza and found my stop, but had to wait until 2pm (currently 1.20pm) for the next bus, and it takes about an hour to get to Newport. By the time I reached Newport, there was a Peter Pan bus there...

I then had to walk about 20 blocks to the guesthouse, and just caught Merrilee, the owner, as she was heading out. After checking in I went for a wander into town. It is the last day of the boat show, so it's quite busy. I got a coffee and ice cream in an Italian cafe, walked around a bit more, then got a hot chocolate and muffin at Coffee Grinder on Bannister Wharf.

I headed back to the guesthouse and met the other guests, and also met Paul who is looking after the place for a week while Merrilee goes away, and was also in the hostel on Martha's Vineyard.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home