Mounted Games Championships


The season started off well just after Christmas, with a win in their first indoor competition. They competed in several other friendly competitions before going on to the Area competition, where they finished third and qualified for the Zone finals. They trekked up to Newcastle minus Becky, who had broken her leg. They had horrible weather and were soaked through, but finished second and qualified for the UK Championships.
We've had about six weeks of training for the finals, and Becky is now back, albeit in a non-riding role. I haven't seen enough of the other teams to be able to say whether they're in with a chance, but I'm looking forward to finding out. They're a great group of kids, with a fantastic attitude towards the competitions and to each other. I hope they don't take it too badly when we shout at them for not concentrating in training: I think its just because we believe they're capable of winning if they put their minds to it.
I'm going to be so full of nervous excitement tomorrow when we travel down, and obviously on Thursday. I hope I can keep it to myself and try to get them to relax, enjoy the experience, and focus on getting it right rather than the other teams. It doesn't matter where they finish, as long as everyone can look back on it and say they were the best they could be.

Labels: , , ,

Tuesday, 19 August 2008

Mounted Games Championships


The season started off well just after Christmas, with a win in their first indoor competition. They competed in several other friendly competitions before going on to the Area competition, where they finished third and qualified for the Zone finals. They trekked up to Newcastle minus Becky, who had broken her leg. They had horrible weather and were soaked through, but finished second and qualified for the UK Championships.
We've had about six weeks of training for the finals, and Becky is now back, albeit in a non-riding role. I haven't seen enough of the other teams to be able to say whether they're in with a chance, but I'm looking forward to finding out. They're a great group of kids, with a fantastic attitude towards the competitions and to each other. I hope they don't take it too badly when we shout at them for not concentrating in training: I think its just because we believe they're capable of winning if they put their minds to it.
I'm going to be so full of nervous excitement tomorrow when we travel down, and obviously on Thursday. I hope I can keep it to myself and try to get them to relax, enjoy the experience, and focus on getting it right rather than the other teams. It doesn't matter where they finish, as long as everyone can look back on it and say they were the best they could be.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home