40mph Crew

Just wanted to have a bit of a rant really, about all these people who seem to drive at 40mph everywhere. A few weeks ago everyone I seemed to end up behind was going at 40mph. It made me question whether the national speed limit had been changed and I didn't know.

It's just so frustrating. I know I don't get to my destination that much quicker at 60mph (on a short journey) but being stuck behind someone dawdling is so infuriating. I don't think I'd be quite so annoyed about this if I thought they were being cautious. But then I follow them into a 30mph zone, and they just keep on going at 40mph. What is so special about 40mph?

I think there should be a separate road for them, and another for people who travel at the speed limit, unless there's a very good reason not to, like ice or snow or big monsters on the road.

Rant over.

Labels: , ,

Friday, 14 November 2008

40mph Crew

Just wanted to have a bit of a rant really, about all these people who seem to drive at 40mph everywhere. A few weeks ago everyone I seemed to end up behind was going at 40mph. It made me question whether the national speed limit had been changed and I didn't know.

It's just so frustrating. I know I don't get to my destination that much quicker at 60mph (on a short journey) but being stuck behind someone dawdling is so infuriating. I don't think I'd be quite so annoyed about this if I thought they were being cautious. But then I follow them into a 30mph zone, and they just keep on going at 40mph. What is so special about 40mph?

I think there should be a separate road for them, and another for people who travel at the speed limit, unless there's a very good reason not to, like ice or snow or big monsters on the road.

Rant over.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home