Movember


At the start of November, Dyfrig sent an email round saying the following:

"During Movember (the month formerly known as November) I'm growing a Moustache. That's right I'm bringing the Mo back because I'm passionate about tackling men's health issues and being proactive in the fight against prostate cancer. At the start of Movember guys register with a clean shaven face. The Movember participants known as Mo Bros then have the remainder of the month to grow and groom their moustache and along the way raise as much money and awareness about male health issues as possible."

So I've put my hand in my pocket and sponsored him. I think it's good to see guys raising awareness, because far too many men have a bury-their-heads-in-the-sand approach to health issues. And before Movember, I didn't know that prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men, with 35,000 men being diagnosed every year, and one dying every hour.
So if you'd like to sponsor Dyfrig too, follow this link to his Movember page. Money raised goes towards research, peer-to-peer support, information and support via their helpline, and improved access to treatment.

Labels: ,

Monday, 24 November 2008

Movember


At the start of November, Dyfrig sent an email round saying the following:

"During Movember (the month formerly known as November) I'm growing a Moustache. That's right I'm bringing the Mo back because I'm passionate about tackling men's health issues and being proactive in the fight against prostate cancer. At the start of Movember guys register with a clean shaven face. The Movember participants known as Mo Bros then have the remainder of the month to grow and groom their moustache and along the way raise as much money and awareness about male health issues as possible."

So I've put my hand in my pocket and sponsored him. I think it's good to see guys raising awareness, because far too many men have a bury-their-heads-in-the-sand approach to health issues. And before Movember, I didn't know that prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men, with 35,000 men being diagnosed every year, and one dying every hour.
So if you'd like to sponsor Dyfrig too, follow this link to his Movember page. Money raised goes towards research, peer-to-peer support, information and support via their helpline, and improved access to treatment.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home