The Vagina Monologues

I went to see the Vagina Monologues last night in Rhyl Pavilion. I had to look it up on wikipedia that afternoon as I had no idea what to expect (aside from the obvious!).

I did enjoy it - it was interesting and funny - but not as much as most people apparently did. I think the criticisms I read were a little misplaced, and I can see how some women who maybe feel embarrassed can find it quite liberating. I found the 'vagina workshop' monologue a bit much: never been one for all that "your vagina is a flower" garbage. And I felt that they all went on a bit too long. It perhaps would've been good to have some reference to V-Day too.

Labels:

Saturday, 9 May 2009

The Vagina Monologues

I went to see the Vagina Monologues last night in Rhyl Pavilion. I had to look it up on wikipedia that afternoon as I had no idea what to expect (aside from the obvious!).

I did enjoy it - it was interesting and funny - but not as much as most people apparently did. I think the criticisms I read were a little misplaced, and I can see how some women who maybe feel embarrassed can find it quite liberating. I found the 'vagina workshop' monologue a bit much: never been one for all that "your vagina is a flower" garbage. And I felt that they all went on a bit too long. It perhaps would've been good to have some reference to V-Day too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home