Boys (again)

So the guy who hurt me around Christmas is "kinda sorta seeing someone" (his words). This is good. We've been talking again recently, becoming friends again I guess. But our friendship has never been normal: there has always been flirting and innuendo and a grey area. But now he is seeing someone, I can draw the line and remove the grey area (especially since I'm kinda sorta friends with the girl in question).

And yet, it's also not so great. Before I could simply say that he just didn't want a girlfriend. But now that isn't the case. Now it says he is/was perfectly capable of asking a girl out, but just not me. And that's still a smack in the face, even if I don't want to be his girlfriend anymore. And after another recent disappointment, I find myself saying "what's so wrong with me? Why aren't I girlfriend material?"

Friday, 21 August 2009

Boys (again)

So the guy who hurt me around Christmas is "kinda sorta seeing someone" (his words). This is good. We've been talking again recently, becoming friends again I guess. But our friendship has never been normal: there has always been flirting and innuendo and a grey area. But now he is seeing someone, I can draw the line and remove the grey area (especially since I'm kinda sorta friends with the girl in question).

And yet, it's also not so great. Before I could simply say that he just didn't want a girlfriend. But now that isn't the case. Now it says he is/was perfectly capable of asking a girl out, but just not me. And that's still a smack in the face, even if I don't want to be his girlfriend anymore. And after another recent disappointment, I find myself saying "what's so wrong with me? Why aren't I girlfriend material?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be true unto thine self. Look at the bigger picture and believe. Move on, be strong and take comfort in your friends.

8:45 pm

 
Blogger Nick said...

"what's so wrong with me? Why aren't I girlfriend material?"

Absolutely nothing is wrong, and you are girlfriend material – Possibly you’re just not meeting or mixing with the right types who would appreciate you?

9:18 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home