Postgrad

I went up to Newcastle on Wednesday this week to the PG open day at Northumbria University. Four and a half hours on the train! Only two changes though so it wasn't that bad. Newcastle was cold and damp like most of the country. The city wasn't as big as I'd expected, not that I spent very long looking around it.

The uni seemed fine. It's a city campus, right on the edge of the main shopping street. There is a mix of old and new buildings, and it's really compact.

The open day stuff was good: I spoke to course people, sports, housing, etc. and I got the chance to meet the course director and ask questions. And after all that I left with very positive feelings, especially as they said I shouldn't have any problems being accepted if I meet the minimum requirements. It sounds like a fantastic jumping off point - just hope I can make the most of it. After all, this is what I want to do with my life, right?

Saturday, 27 February 2010

Postgrad

I went up to Newcastle on Wednesday this week to the PG open day at Northumbria University. Four and a half hours on the train! Only two changes though so it wasn't that bad. Newcastle was cold and damp like most of the country. The city wasn't as big as I'd expected, not that I spent very long looking around it.

The uni seemed fine. It's a city campus, right on the edge of the main shopping street. There is a mix of old and new buildings, and it's really compact.

The open day stuff was good: I spoke to course people, sports, housing, etc. and I got the chance to meet the course director and ask questions. And after all that I left with very positive feelings, especially as they said I shouldn't have any problems being accepted if I meet the minimum requirements. It sounds like a fantastic jumping off point - just hope I can make the most of it. After all, this is what I want to do with my life, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home