Feeling a bit pathetic cuz my lecturer thought I should've done better in my last assignment.

I know he's right. But I'm crap at academic writing. I started off thinking about this particular assignment purely in terms of real world situations, then decided I didn't have enough theory, and it comepletely changed direction. Turns out that the one person I know who ignored theory for empirical stuff got a great mark.

It's not about whether someone else did better than me. It's not really about whether I did that well (even though I know I should). It's really more about the fact that he told me I should've done better. About the fact that he seemed disappointed. His comments said it all: intellect of a distinction. Just not the clarity.

Labels: , , ,

Friday, 3 December 2010

Feeling a bit pathetic cuz my lecturer thought I should've done better in my last assignment.

I know he's right. But I'm crap at academic writing. I started off thinking about this particular assignment purely in terms of real world situations, then decided I didn't have enough theory, and it comepletely changed direction. Turns out that the one person I know who ignored theory for empirical stuff got a great mark.

It's not about whether someone else did better than me. It's not really about whether I did that well (even though I know I should). It's really more about the fact that he told me I should've done better. About the fact that he seemed disappointed. His comments said it all: intellect of a distinction. Just not the clarity.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home