Resolutions 2011

Yep, that time of year again. Looking back on 2010's resolutions:
And ones for 2011:
  1. Go teetotal: I did it for 14 months then stopped for no apparent reason. I've had a good time whilst drinking again, but I think it's time to stop again. It was about proving I could enjoy myself without alcohol, be fun without it, and also as a rebellion against what's expected in our drinking culture. I'm more nervous about it this time round with my new university friends, but I'm willing to give it a go.
  2. Stop torturing myself: I'm expecting (or hoping) certain people will change. And they won't. And it's about time for me to be honest with myself and give up on it. Just stop pretending.
  3. Work hard: So far I'm on the cusp between a first and a 2:1, and I'd really like the first. As well as the grade, the lecturers can probably do a lot for me in terms of internships and work, so I need to make the most of this time.
  4. Be an activist: I really need to do more on this. It's who I want to be and I shouldn't be afraid of sharing my knowledge and expressing my opinions. It's the only way to change the world.
I'll also be continuing the veganism, exercise, keeping my emissions down, and as always, try to blog more.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Saturday, 1 January 2011

Resolutions 2011

Yep, that time of year again. Looking back on 2010's resolutions:
  • Become a vegan: started late and probably made a couple of errors along the way, but I'm getting better at it.
  • Reduce emissions: no idea! Heating and electric has been easy but not the car, until I moved to Newcastle in September and I've been walking much more.
  • Exercise more: I haven't made a concerted effort at this. I joined the gym in uni which started out pretty well but has fallen away recently.
  • Become an activist: I have been doing more petition signing and writing to politicians and decision makers, but I could definitely do more.
And ones for 2011:
  1. Go teetotal: I did it for 14 months then stopped for no apparent reason. I've had a good time whilst drinking again, but I think it's time to stop again. It was about proving I could enjoy myself without alcohol, be fun without it, and also as a rebellion against what's expected in our drinking culture. I'm more nervous about it this time round with my new university friends, but I'm willing to give it a go.
  2. Stop torturing myself: I'm expecting (or hoping) certain people will change. And they won't. And it's about time for me to be honest with myself and give up on it. Just stop pretending.
  3. Work hard: So far I'm on the cusp between a first and a 2:1, and I'd really like the first. As well as the grade, the lecturers can probably do a lot for me in terms of internships and work, so I need to make the most of this time.
  4. Be an activist: I really need to do more on this. It's who I want to be and I shouldn't be afraid of sharing my knowledge and expressing my opinions. It's the only way to change the world.
I'll also be continuing the veganism, exercise, keeping my emissions down, and as always, try to blog more.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home