Cancer

So to continue the tradition of shit things happening around my birthday, today I found out that my Dad has lung cancer. Only the early stages and not really a surprise (he has smoked since he was 10), but still sucky news. Hopefully this will be a bit of a wake up call for him, as nagging him hadn't been working.

Both of my grandparents had cancer and were operated in the same year. They are both fine and dandy, and the whole thing was quite easy to deal with.

It's going to be a bit different with Dad because he has to have chemotherapy, and I'm not really sure what to expect.

I'm not nervous about him dying because all the medical people involved are quite optimistic. But I am worried about how he'll be affected by the treatment. And that he keeps living the same way.

Labels: , ,

Friday, 18 November 2011

Cancer

So to continue the tradition of shit things happening around my birthday, today I found out that my Dad has lung cancer. Only the early stages and not really a surprise (he has smoked since he was 10), but still sucky news. Hopefully this will be a bit of a wake up call for him, as nagging him hadn't been working.

Both of my grandparents had cancer and were operated in the same year. They are both fine and dandy, and the whole thing was quite easy to deal with.

It's going to be a bit different with Dad because he has to have chemotherapy, and I'm not really sure what to expect.

I'm not nervous about him dying because all the medical people involved are quite optimistic. But I am worried about how he'll be affected by the treatment. And that he keeps living the same way.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home