Bedtime Stories

Continuing with the idea of responding to Wordpress Daily Prompts on Blogger, I move to this one:
What was your favorite book as a child? Did it influence the person you are now?
I loved reading and being read to as a child. Everything from Smot the Dog, Sali Mali, Wil Cwac Cwac, and Bill the Burglar; right up to the Famous Five and the Point Crime and Point Horror books.

I loved Roald Dahl and re-read his books over and over. I had Mathilda and James and the Giant Peach audiobooks. But my all-time favourite was Fantastic Mr Fox. I re-read it before the film was released a few years ago and was surprised by how small a book it is, and how quickly I read it. But i still loved it.

Roald Dahl was a great writer, and the illustrations really added to it. I still have an image in my mind of all the stuff in Mr Twit's beard, and Fantastic Mr Fox's tail being shot off.

I'm not sure if Fantastic Mr Fox influenced the person I am today. I disagree with fox hunting, hate animal abuse and am vegan, so maybe it did. But I also loved The Fox & the Hound, the Animals of Farthing Wood, and many other books and programmes about cute animals; so it would be difficult to pin it down to one.

Labels: , , ,

Friday, 22 March 2013

Bedtime Stories

Continuing with the idea of responding to Wordpress Daily Prompts on Blogger, I move to this one:
What was your favorite book as a child? Did it influence the person you are now?
I loved reading and being read to as a child. Everything from Smot the Dog, Sali Mali, Wil Cwac Cwac, and Bill the Burglar; right up to the Famous Five and the Point Crime and Point Horror books.

I loved Roald Dahl and re-read his books over and over. I had Mathilda and James and the Giant Peach audiobooks. But my all-time favourite was Fantastic Mr Fox. I re-read it before the film was released a few years ago and was surprised by how small a book it is, and how quickly I read it. But i still loved it.

Roald Dahl was a great writer, and the illustrations really added to it. I still have an image in my mind of all the stuff in Mr Twit's beard, and Fantastic Mr Fox's tail being shot off.

I'm not sure if Fantastic Mr Fox influenced the person I am today. I disagree with fox hunting, hate animal abuse and am vegan, so maybe it did. But I also loved The Fox & the Hound, the Animals of Farthing Wood, and many other books and programmes about cute animals; so it would be difficult to pin it down to one.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home